Estimated Reading Time: 1
The gunmen who abducted seven orphans and a guard at the Rachel’s Orphanage Home in Naharati, Abaji Area council, Abuja, have demanded N30 million ransom to release their victims.
The kidnappers had on Saturday, at about 1:am invaded Rachael’s Orphanage Home opposite UBE Junior Secondary School school in Naharati, Abaji Area Council and abducted seven orphans, including a security guard of the home alongside three others.
An anonymous source at the orphanage home, told Daily Trust journalists on Monday that the Kidnappers made a phone call on Sunday and Monday, in which they demanded N10 million for the seven orphans and the security guard before they could be set free.
“Actually, they even called this afternoon and they are demanding N10 million before they will release the seven orphans and our security guard, in which we asked them if they know that the children they kidnapped are orphans,” he said.
He said the management had told the Kidnappers that they have no such money, saying even the feeding and clothing of the orphans are through the support of some corporate organizations and some Non Governmental Organizations (NGO).
He added” they even threatened to waste the children if we fail to raise the N10 million ransom, but we still let them know that those children have no mother or father,”.
He said the management had not reached any agreement with the kidnappers, even as he said security agents had been informed about the incident.
He further disclosed that the remaining orphans at the orphanage home had been evacuated back to Abuja based on security advice.
The police have not confirmed the ransom demand
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack
- COVID-19: Ghana becomes first country to receive COVAX-backed vaccine