Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abdullahi Ibrahim is dead.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria, who served as Minister of Transport and Aviation in the military regime of Muhammadu Buhari was reported to have died from COVID-19 complications in an Abuja isolation centre on Sunday.
Mr Ibrahim served as Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice of Nigeria between 1997 and 1999.
President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu sent his condolences to the family of deceased and the people of Kogi.
In a statement by the presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu on Sunday, Buhari hailed the deceased as an “exemplary lawyer and statesman with impeccable integrity who will be remembered for his selfless service to the country.”
He added, “His work as member of the Nigerian team that negotiated the Maritime Boundary Treaty between Nigeria and the Republic of Equatorial Guinea and the Unitisation Agreement of the Zafiro/Ekanga Oil Fields has left an indelible mark on the trajectory of this country’s history and development. His accomplishments will continue to make us proud.”
“On behalf of his family and the entire nation, President Buhari extends condolences and sympathies to the bereaved family and the government and people of Kogi State.”
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack
- COVID-19: Ghana becomes first country to receive COVAX-backed vaccine
- EXCLUSIVE audio recording reveals negotiation details of the Kagara School abductions
- Ilo family launch “Kasie” a book and Foundation, to comfort grieving families in memory of late daughter Natacha in Abuja