Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chairman of Ardo-Kola Local Government Council in Taraba State, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors.
Dovo was kidnapped by gunmen at his Jalingo residence in the early hours of Sunday.
Barely six hours after his abduction, the kidnappers called an official of the Local Government to announce the killing of the Local Government Council Chairman, according to a family source.
“They called an official of the council to go and search for the Chairman’s corpse in the bush.
“Immediately, members of the community went into the bush and started looking for his body which was found close to the river,” the source said.
Taraba Police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Misal, who confirmed the killing of the Council Chairman said the armed men had stormed the residence of the local government Chairman at Sabon Gari area of the state capital around 1:00 am on Sunday and took him away.
Misal said the gunmen dragged the Council Chairman to river Lamurde where they killed him and later called that the people should go and look for his body in the bush around the area.
Misal, who said a search team was dispatched, and the body later found, however, could not confirm whether it was a case of assassination or kidnapping.
The PPRO also informed that the corpse of the Council Chairman has been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre in Jalingo.
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo