Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has dissolved the State Executive Council.
The Governor also recalled his Chief of Staff, Dr Anthony Agbazuere. Agbazuere was suspended following a video which captured him spaying money on controversial prophet identified as Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere a.k.a. Odumeje.
In a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary, Onyebuchi Ememanka, directed those affected by this dissolution to handover all government properties in their possession and their handover notes to the Permanent Secretaries of their respective ministries.
Ikpeazu also expressed appreciation to the ex-commissioners for their services to the people of the state and wished them well in their future engagements.
“The Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the immediate dissolution of the State Executive Council.
“All those affected by this dissolution are to handover all government properties in their possession, together with their handover notes, to their respective Permanent Secretaries.
“The Governor expresses his deep appreciation to these men and women for their services to the people of Abia state, and wishes them well for the future.
The Governor has also approved the recall from suspension, his Chief of Staff, Dr ACB Agbazuere. This recall takes immediate effect,” the statement read in part.
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara