Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senate President Ahmed Lawan has said the Buhari-led administration is reversing the spate of insecurity in the country and the armed forces is performing better than they were before.
He said this on Tuesday after he received a delegation from Adamawa State that commended the National Assembly for converting the former Modibbo Adama University, Yola into a conventional University that will run medical programmes alongside social and management sciences.
“Those of us in position of leadership today are probably more challenged than any set of leaders. We need to pray, but we also need to act, work hard and apply ourselves fully and work committedly to ensure that we serve Nigerians.
“Nothing is impossible, this situation of insecurity gradually is being reversed. I am particularly happy with recent developments by our armed forces. They are doing better than they were doing before.”
Lawan added he is confident that the economy will improve and the country will be out of recession from the boost of the implementation 2020 and 2021 budget.
“I’m sure that the economy will also start to improve, and we will get out of recession that we entered last month.
“With the implementation of the capital budget 2020 up till the end of March, and of course, the start of the implementation of the 2021 budget, the economy will receive a boost” the Senate President said
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack
- COVID-19: Ghana becomes first country to receive COVAX-backed vaccine
- EXCLUSIVE audio recording reveals negotiation details of the Kagara School abductions
- Ilo family launch “Kasie” a book and Foundation, to comfort grieving families in memory of late daughter Natacha in Abuja