Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Anchor University, Lagos State, Prof. Johnson Fatokun, has been been abducted.
NewsWireNGR gathered that Fatokun on Sunday took his two children to school in the North. And he was attacked and kidnapped by the gunmen in Nasarawa while returning to Lagos State.
According to a source, the gunmen wore police uniforms.
“The professor had dropped his son at the Deeper Life High School in the morning. He also went to drop the daughter at a Federal University in Jos,” the source said.
“He was returning from Jos to Keffi, Nasarawa State, late in the evening when they encountered the gunmen on the road. The driver, however, maneuvered his way and sped through them. The gunmen started chasing the vehicle and shooting.
“There was another set of kidnappers right in front of them. They succeeded in stopping the vehicle. They beat up the driver who managed to escape. The professor begged them for mercy because those people were angry. That was how they whisked him away.”
The kidnappers have made contact with leaders of the victims’ church in Nasarawa. And the church members are praying for the safe release of the victim.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi