Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouk has launched the Federal Government Special Cash Grant for Rural Women in Jigawa, a Fulani settlement in Kebbi State, North- west Nigeria.
The 247 women under the umbrella of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, will receive N20,000 each to improve their economic wellbeing.
The Minister who visited the Fulani settlement said she was elated by the empowerment training being given to the women by the Kebbi State Government.
“I am delighted to see that these Fulani women are being taught the modern methods of yoghurt production using cow milk. This will go a long way in empowering them to be self reliant and able to provide for their families.
“I enjoin all the Fulani women who have received this training by the Kebbi State Government to put it to practice as this will also improve the economic status of not just the women but the Dtate and country by extension”. She said.
Among the recipients of the Federal Government Special Cash Grant for Rural Women is a 65 year-old Baba Hauwa’u who could not contain her excitement when she was presented with the cash by the Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq.
She expressed her gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for the Grant and said that she will use the N20,000 to start a Fura business .
”May God bless and keep Baba Buhari for giving me this money. Now I will go and buy Fura and also start a cattle rearing business”. Hauwa’u said
The Federal Government’s Special Cash Grant for Rural women has so far been launched in 16 states including Plateau, Sokoto, Imo, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Kebbi, Katsina, Bauchi, Taraba, Ekiti, Ondo, Adamawa, Gombe, Kano , Jigawa and Zamfara states.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom