Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former member of the Bauchi Assembly, Abdulmumuni Ningi, has been abducted by gunmen.
He was whisked away by gunmen around 8:00pm on Thursday within Bauchi metropolis.
Confirming the incident to newsmen Friday, Bauchi police spokesman ,DSP Ahmed Wakili, said the command reliably gathered Ningi was trailed by his four abductors.
They were said to have driven in a gold coloured car with which he was trailed to his house around the BSADP area at Isa Yuguda Guest House.
He said, that the kidnappers, who were fully armed with guns, seized their victim and drove away with him in the car they brought .
Wakili said his whereabouts is unknown at the moment as no demand has been made by the abductors.
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack
- COVID-19: Ghana becomes first country to receive COVAX-backed vaccine