Estimated Reading Time: 1
Shaka Momoh, the CEO of Planet One, a hotel and event centre in Lagos has passed away.
The deceased reportedly lost his life to COVID-19 complications at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) on Thursday.
His demise was disclosed by Segun Awosanya, a social media figure known as Segalink on Twitter.
“Lost another gem to #Covid19. The last time we spoke it was about our intervention on his case with a financial institution. Now he is no more. Rest In Peace Distinguished Shaka Momoh (Planet One). ? #CovidIsReal ?” he wrote.
Also, Gboyega Akosile, the Chief Press Secretary to the Lagos Governor announced the news.
“Flash: Shaka Momoh, renowned businessman and owner of Planet 1 events and hotels located in Maryland, Lagos is dead. Report says he died this morning from #COVID19 related complications.
Source: CKN News.
Stay safe out there!,” he wrote.
Momoh in his lifetime was a renowned lifestyle entrepreneur in Lagos that demonstrated his goodwill through his Baobab Foundation. His other businesses are Hospitality Warehouse, a hospitality products wholesale company; Baobab Edge Limited, a lifestyle company; and Basic Information and Communications System Limited (BICS).
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism