Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State government has on Wednesday shut down the popular, Eko event centre for violating COVID-19 protocols.
Jubril Gawat, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on New Media to the state governor disclosed the information through his Twitter handle on Wednesday.
He said the building was sealed by a joint operation of the Lagos State Safety Commission and the Lagos State Task Force.
“FLASH: Lagos State Safety Commission and the Lagos State Task Force in a joint enforcement exercise, SEALED the Eko Club event centre in Surulere for complete disregard of Covid19 protocols at a funeral event which was held recently at the event centre.”Gawat wrote.
Lagos has been the epicentre of COVID-19 in Nigeria with the state accounting for close to one-fourth of total COVID-19 cases in the country.
The state government has also sealed Landmark event centre, DNA club, Cubana club, Rumours night club and others
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore