Estimated Reading Time: 2
University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka has announced Monday, January 25, as the commencement date for online lectures and Monday, March 15, for examinations for the 2019/2020 academic session.
It also announced that the pending convocation ceremonies for the 2018/2019 graduating set would now be held between Tuesday, February 23, and Thursday, February 25, 2021.
The management made the announcement, on Wednesday, in a statement entitled “Revised academic calendar for the 2019/2020 session, First and Second Semester.”
The university also announced schedules of other statutory activities covering the first and second semesters and also the 2021/2022 academic calendar for its students under the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) and the Senate meeting.
According to the university, editing of registered courses for the first semester would take one week beginning from resumption day while lectures which is for six weeks would end on Friday, March 5.
“We will also have our lecture-free week/GST examinations (online) for one week between Monday, 8th March and Friday, 12th March, while undergraduate exams in all faculties also online would take place and last two weeks beginning from Monday, March 15th.
“Examination in core courses in Faculty of Education would also be between Monday, 29th March and Thursday, 1st April while our convocation lecture and ceremonies would take place between Tuesday, 23rd February and Thursday, 25th February.
“So, our first semester is expected to end on Thursday, 1st April, while portal to be opened immediately for the second-semester registration and the students would go on one-week break and to resume academic activities for the second semester on Monday, April 12
Registration of courses and editing for the second semester would take place between Saturday, 1st April and Sunday, June 20 while lectures would end on Friday, July 16 and exams on Friday, 6th August 2021 for the undergraduate except in core courses in faculty of education that would Saturday, August 14 to end the session and the students under its DLI residential programmes commence academic activities on Monday, August 23 for the 2021/2022 academic session
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’