Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Lagos State Government on Sunday announced the closure of the Airport Bridge at Toyota on Oshodi/Isolo Expressway.
This follows the inferno that recently occurred on the Apapa Oshodi Expressway as a result of a PMS loaded tanker exploding in a fireball from collision with another truck, with the structure of the Airport Bridge at Toyota on Oshodi/Isolo Expressway has been affected.
“The bridge therefore has to be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic movement to enable the State Government conduct structural engineering tests on the bridge,” said Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde.
He announced alternative routes for use by motorists pending the outcome of the tests and the reopening of the bridge to traffic.
“Motorists from Mile 2 to Cele on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway approaching Iyana Isolo through Daleko Bridge will need to make use of Aiye and Osolo Way to Asa Afariogun through 7&8 to access International Airport Road.
“Motorists from Toyota will make use of the service lanes by Armed Forces Resettlement Centre to BOC Gases on old NAFDAC Headquarters, through a U-turn at Cappa on Agege Motor Road to Bolade/Oyetayo Street (Oshodi-Isolo Local Govt Secretariat) through Bolade on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway via Charity in order to reach International Airport Road
Motorists from Bus Terminal 2 Transport Interchange inwards Charity on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway can connect International Airport Road from Toyota through Anthony Oke to Ikorodu Road on the service lanes and return via Anthony Oke inwards Oshodi Oke to Charity and connect International Airport Road,” Oladeinde said.
The commissioner said in the light of this development, the State Traffic Management Officials (LASTMA) shall be deployed to the corridors to control and manage traffic flow along the axis during the course of the diversions.
“The LASG is assuring the motoring public that the Airport Bridge shall be opened for use as soon as the tests or requisite intervention makes it safe and secure to do so.
“Meanwhile, the Lagos State Government through this statement appeals to all road users along these corridors to drive safely and patiently by following the traffic advice whilst assuring them that any inconveniences this may cause are temporary,” he added.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party