Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Senate of the Lagos State University has appointed Damola Oke as the acting vice-chancellor of the institution.
Before his appointment, Oke is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration of LASU.
He was appointed at the emergency senate meeting held on Monday, Punch Newspaper reports.
Lagos State Governor and Visitor to Lagos State University, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had cancelled the ongoing process set up for the appointment of a substantive ninth Vice-Chancellor of the University.
The Governor further directed that a fresh process that would terminate in 45 days should commence immediately.
The outgoing Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olanrewaju Fagbohun, was also directed to convene an emergency Senate meeting for the purpose of appointing one of the Deputy Vice-Chancellors, who is not a candidate in the cancelled selection process as Acting Vice-Chancellor from Monday, January 11, 2021, when his tenure expires.
Following the expiration of the tenure of Fagbohun, today, a joint Selection Committee of the Senate and Council was set up by the university to interview candidates for the position.
The Committee was expected to submit the names of the three best candidates for the job for onward transmission to the Visitor (the Lagos State Governor) for the final selection of one successful candidate for the job.
More than 18 Professors from about 10 universities applied for the job. But there was controversy over the qualification of some candidates selected to replace Fagbohun.
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home