Estimated Reading Time: 1
The 2-day warning strike embarked upon by the staff of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has been called off on Friday.
This was disclosed by the chairman of the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria (ASCSN) NIMC unit, Lucky Michael Asekokhai, in Abuja on Friday.
We have called off the strike and all our members are to resume on Monday,” Asekokhai disclosed. The union chairman, who said the staff had achieved their aim with the 2-day strike, called on the Federal Government to yield to their demands in good time.He however said that a fresh 21-day ultimatum has been issued to the Federal Government to meet the demands of the NIMC staff or risk a full blown strike.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the Federal Government will on Tuesday meet with the representatives of NIMC staff in Abuja to discuss about their welfare.
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, will lead the FG’s team at the meeting.
The executives of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) will also be at the meeting, the official who didn’t want to be named said.The warning strike was embarked upon to demand chiefly for safety measures for the NIMC staff against COVID-19 and also to demand for new salary structure.Daily Trust reports that the 2-day strike crippled the National Identity Number (NIN) registration process across the country on Thursday and Friday.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami