Estimated Reading Time: 1
Popular Yoruba actress, Folake Aremu, also known as Orisabunmi, has passed on.
Orisabunmi, who usually played the role of a good witch in most of her films, was said to have died at her residence in Ibadan on Tuesday night.
The actress who died at 60 was very popular in the 80s, 90s to early 2000
A senior member of the Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria, Tunde Ola-Yusuff, announced the death in a Facebook post on Wednesday morning.
Ola Yusuf’s post read, “Adieu: She left without a goodbye. The sudden death of Mrs Fokake Aremu (Orisabunmi) has been announced.
“Really a shock on everyone Iya Oosa, may God rest your Soul among the righteous. R I P.”
The President of TAMPAN Bolaji Amusan, aka Mr Latin, also confirmed the death of the actress, saying: “She died last night sir.”
Orisabunmi was married to a popular Yoruba actor, Jimoh Aliu, popularly known as Aworo.
The two separated long before Aworo died on September 17, 2020. Orisabunmi. while mourning her ex-husband, described him as a good man who she said brought her to limelight.
Orisabunmi was a native of Ola community in Kwara State. She had her primary education at Eruku in Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State and attended Eruku Commercial College.
She worked briefly as a teacher before she proceeded to work as a secretary at Sunny Radio in Ilorin, Kwara State, after which she started acting
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour