Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Justice Salisu Garba as Acting Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory.
The appointment is sequel to the retirement of Justice Ishaq Bello on Tuesday.
Justice Garba will be sworn-in on Wednesday by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad.
A statement by the Director of Information, National Judicial Council NJC Mr. Soji Oye indicated that the inauguration of Justice Garba will be performed at the Supreme Court.
Justice Garba hails from Malumfashi Local Government Area of Katsina State. He was the Chief Registrar of FCT High Court, Abuja in 199, and was later appointed as a Judge in the FCT High Court in 1998.
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic