Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State government has committed a large huge sum of money to commence the forensic examination of the Lekki Toll Gate.
The news was disclosed by the Chairman of the Lagos State Judicial Panel on Restitution for victims of SARS and police brutality, Justice Doris Okuwobi, on Tuesday while ruling on an application filed by the Lekki Concession Company.
The forensic examination is needed ahead of the Lekki Concession Company request to evaluate the extent of damage done at the tollgate in order to commence necessary repairs.
“Forensic analysis will clear a lot of issues in the incident of Oct 20, 2020, and a huge sum has been paid by the Lagos State Government for it. The desire is that the panel will unearth the truth of what happened,” Justice Okuwobi said.
“The application by the LCC for permission to have access to the toll gate must, therefore, await the outcome of the forensic examination”.
The forensic examination is expected to be completed within the next 21 days.
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs