Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Magistrate Court in Abuja on Monday ordered the remand of Mr. Omoyele Sowore, and four others at the Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja.
They will be in the custody pending the hearing of their bail application on January 5, 2020
The arrested five were earlier arraigned on a seven count charge against the Federal government borders on alleged conspiracy to commit treason, money laundering, and insulting the President, among others.
Recall that Sowore was arrested on New Year eve for leading a protest in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja against bad governance in the country.
The protest tagged #CrossoverWithProtest, saw many Nigerians holding candles and a placard showing their grievances against the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Mr Sowore was reportedly arrested in one of the seven vans of the Nigerian police mobilised to the protest ground at Gudu junction in Abuja.
Multiple accounts suggests that the Saharareporters publisher and others arrested were taken to Abattoir police station in Logokoma, Abuja, where they are currently being detained.
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%
- ‘Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ replaces Wedding Party as highest grossing Nollywood movie
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari sacks service chiefs
- Sunday Igboho denies ever having anything to do with Senator Babafemi Ojudu
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA