Estimated Reading Time: 1
Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has announced that the federal government employment initiative, Special Public Works Programmes which would engage 774,000 Nigerians will take off on Tuesday.
Keyamo disclosed the statement via his Twitter handle on Sunday night that the kick-off is confirmed after the approval of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the takeoff of the Special Public Works Programme (engaging 774,000 unemployed itinerant Nigerians) to begin nationwide on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. All NDE state structures are already in top gear for the take-off ceremonies,” Keyamo tweeted.
Recall that the programme to engage 1,000 unemployed Nigerians from the 774 local government areas in the country was meant to kick-start ny October 1, 2020, and it was rescheduled to 1st of November 2020 but it still did not hold due to a power tussle between Keyamo and the Director-General, National Directorate of Employment, Nasir Ladan, who was sacked for undisclosed reasons in December 2020.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research