Estimated Reading Time: 1
Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has announced that the federal government employment initiative, Special Public Works Programmes which would engage 774,000 Nigerians will take off on Tuesday.
Keyamo disclosed the statement via his Twitter handle on Sunday night that the kick-off is confirmed after the approval of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the takeoff of the Special Public Works Programme (engaging 774,000 unemployed itinerant Nigerians) to begin nationwide on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. All NDE state structures are already in top gear for the take-off ceremonies,” Keyamo tweeted.
Recall that the programme to engage 1,000 unemployed Nigerians from the 774 local government areas in the country was meant to kick-start ny October 1, 2020, and it was rescheduled to 1st of November 2020 but it still did not hold due to a power tussle between Keyamo and the Director-General, National Directorate of Employment, Nasir Ladan, who was sacked for undisclosed reasons in December 2020.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office