Estimated Reading Time: 1
The abducted Auxiliary Bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Owerri, Moses Chikwe has been rescued unhurt.
In a statement by the Police Command in Imo State the rescue of the Cleric was successful following a sting operation embarked upon by the tactical squad of the Command led by the Anti Kidnapping Unit.
According to the Police, the Auxiliary Bishop who was abducted on Sunday 27th December, 2020 was kidnapped together with his driver and one Chioma Stephenie Ekwedike in front of her residence at Imo Housing Estate Umuguma, Owerri West Council Area.
At the point of abduction of the Bishop, the head and Officer in Charge of the state Police Command, newly promoted AIG Isaac Akinmoyede, activated all the tactical teams in the Command, with a charge to rescue the Bishop and others and possibly arrest the hoodlums.
The coordinated operations by the Command led to the rescue of the bishop and two other victims unhurt and without payment of any ransom.
Meanwhile efforts are ongoing by the security agents to arrest the suspects who kidnapped the Bishop and two others
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April