Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unknown gunmen have kidnapped the Axillary Bishop of Owerri Catholic Archdiocese, Moses Chikwe. The priest was kidnapped alongs with his driver at the World Bank area of Owerri, the Imo state capital.
Hours after they were kidnapped, his vehicle in which they were driving was abandoned in front of the Archdiocesean headquarters in Owerri.
State Police Command spokesperson, Orlando Ikeokwu has confirmed the incident. He says though no official complaint about the kidnapping has been reported at any of the police formations in the State, the Commissioner of Police, Isaac Akinmoyede, has activated the tactical units of the Command to rescue the kidnapped priest and his driver.
He appeals to members of the public, especially the Catholic faithful to remain calm as the Command is working to ensure the quick release of the Auxiliary Bishop and his driver.
Chikwe is expected to takeover from the Catholic Archbishop of Owerri, Vincent Obinna, when he retires in 2021.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government