Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen, has tested positive for COVID-19.
The minister disclosed this in a statement issued on Sunday, which was personally signed by her.
Tallen said though she was asymptomatic, her test result showed that she was positive.
She urged Nigerians to keep her in their prayers and implored everyone to stay safe and observe all COVID-19 protocols as Nigeria and the world grapple with the second wave of the pandemic.
The statement read, “Following interactions with individuals that later showed asymptomatic signs of COVID-19, I was advised by my medical team to undergo the test and self isolate for observation over the past few days.
“This is to inform the general public that after undergoing a test carried out on me and members of my family, my result returned positive while the results of members of my family were negative.
“Currently, I am asymptomatic and have gone into isolation while receiving treatment.
“Please keep me in your prayers and I implore you all to stay safe and observe all COVID-19 protocols as we grapple with this pandemic. I urge you all to please take responsibility for yourself and family in order to protect our dear country even more at this time.”
A number of public office holders in Nigeria have tested positive for COVID-19 and recovered.
They include Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai; Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed; Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu and their Oyo State counterpart, Seyi Makinde.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match