Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senator Saidu Umar Kumo passed away this morning, Sunday, December 27, 2020, BBC Hausa service reports.
The former senator, who represented the Gombe Central constituency, has died at the National Hospital, Abuja.
Before his death, he was the Gombe Shield. He retained the campaign chairman of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in the North East Zone in the 2019 presidential election.
However, Senator Kumo defected to the ruling APC in January 2019 ahead of Muhammadu Buhari’s election victory in February.
He was elected to the Senate from 1999 to 2003 before running for governor of Gombe in 2011, losing to Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo.
His funeral will be held at the National Mosque in Abuja at 2:00 p.m.
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration