Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has accused the All Progressives Congress, APC of failing in a plot to lure PDP governors to its party.
The PDP said it through a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan on Friday.
Ologbonsiyan accused the APC of owning a failing structure and running a smear campaign against the leaders of the PDP.
The statement reads:
“Nigerians can see the frustration in the APC leadership, which has now resorted to a vicious smear campaign and media attacks on our governors and leaders, having failed in all their sneaky plots to lure them to look the way of the defunct APC.
“It is therefore not strange to us that the Secretary of APC’s illegal national caretaker committee, Senator James Akpanudoedehe, has been detailed, as new APC spokesperson, to commence a coordinated attack on our governors.
“We are aware that this is part of the desperate bid to distract and drag down our performing governors to the level of their APC counterparts, who have become a collective symbol of failure in our contemporary political history.
“It is laughable that the APC caretaker secretary is challenging the Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, to name APC leaders attempting to lure our governors, whereas he, Akpanudoedehe, is aware of how the APC leadership, to which he belongs, have been going around our governors and leaders genuflecting for audience, only to receive mere photo opportunities.”
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’