Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state Wednesday effected a minor reshuffle of his cabinet and also created a new Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives.
The Governor who announced the shake-up in Makurdi also assigned portfolios to two newly appointed Commissioners who two days ago took the oath of office and allegiance.
According to Governor Ortom, the two newly appointed Commissioners, Comrade Ojotu Ojema took over from Mrs. Ladi Ajene-Isegbe at the Ministry of Youth and Sports as Commissioner while Dr. Joseph Ngea took charge of the Ministry of Health and Human Services following the demise of his predecessor, Dr. Emmanuel Ikwulono who died in November.
He noted that the former Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Mr. Merga Kachina, had been deployed to the newly created Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives while the former Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mrs. Ladi Ajene-Isegbe was reassigned to the Ministry of Trade and Investment.
According to the Governor, Cooperatives parastatals was removed from the Ministry of Rural Development to make up the new Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives.
The Governor also swore in Mr. David Orshi as the new Special Adviser in charge of Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project