Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state Wednesday effected a minor reshuffle of his cabinet and also created a new Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives.
The Governor who announced the shake-up in Makurdi also assigned portfolios to two newly appointed Commissioners who two days ago took the oath of office and allegiance.
According to Governor Ortom, the two newly appointed Commissioners, Comrade Ojotu Ojema took over from Mrs. Ladi Ajene-Isegbe at the Ministry of Youth and Sports as Commissioner while Dr. Joseph Ngea took charge of the Ministry of Health and Human Services following the demise of his predecessor, Dr. Emmanuel Ikwulono who died in November.
He noted that the former Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Mr. Merga Kachina, had been deployed to the newly created Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives while the former Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mrs. Ladi Ajene-Isegbe was reassigned to the Ministry of Trade and Investment.
According to the Governor, Cooperatives parastatals was removed from the Ministry of Rural Development to make up the new Ministry of Industry and Cooperatives.
The Governor also swore in Mr. David Orshi as the new Special Adviser in charge of Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions