Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, has revealed that four of his children have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The SGF, who is the chairman of the presidential task force on COVID-19, disclosed this during a media briefing in Abuja on Monday.
Mustapha said a one-year old family member tested positive for the virus, adding that while he and his wife tested negative for the virus, his children are currently receiving treatment.
He said: “The first test we ran, the result came back with six members within my household testing positive. The second test confirmed another three. From the month of March to November, we are being confronted with a figure of nine. It was quite a traumatic experience.
My wife and I consistently tested negative but members of the household were infected. The last one, it was a nightmare. I was not infected but the truth about it, the agony of having members of your household… I am a father of four. All my four kids were infected.
“So, the agony that you go through even as a father, as a parent. A lot of you here are parents, so you need to do everything you can to ensure that you keep yourself and members of your family safe.”
Meanwhile the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Monday evening, 21st December 2020, confirmed 356 new cases of COVID-19.
The new cases of COVID-19 infection were confirmed via a statement on the official Twitter handle of the health agency.
This brings the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Nigeria to 78,790 which includes 68,483 discharged cases and 1,227
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north