Estimated Reading Time: 1
Akwa Ibom State governor Udom Emmanuel had ordered an investigation into the alleged case of child abuse at the Deeper Life School abuse in the state.
The directive was given to the Commissioner for Education, Dr Enobong Mboho via a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Ini EmemObong on Sunday.
The statement reads in part:
“The state government has noted with great concern the complaints by a parent, whose child is a student of the Deeper Life College, Uyo.
“The complaint gleaned from social and traditional media relate to the maltreatment and abuse of the complainant’s child, which occurred at the said school.
“Consequently, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr Udom Emmanuel, has directed the Commissioner for Education to immediately investigate these complaints and take necessary action.
“The state government is committed to the protection of children wherever they may be within its jurisdiction.”
NewsWireNGR gathered from a viral social media video showing a woman identified as Deborah Okezie, alleging that her son had been abused at deeper life high school, Uyo Akwa Ibom state.
Okezie’s 11 year old son, alleged that he was forced to starve for days, beaten for bedwetting, and also sent to a hostel for senior students where he was sexually assaulted.
Mrs. Okezie stated that when she went to pick her son, the Principal and other staff prevented them, and kept her and the husband waiting for more than 3 hours.
She claimed that the staff used the period to try to resuscitate her child by giving him multivitamins. However, her son started vomiting greenish substance repeatedly.
Okezie noted that her video is to draw the attention of William Folorunso Kumuyi, the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry to the alleged ill-treatment being meted to students in the school.
The boy who just started Jss 1 was taken to a Private Hospital along Abak Road, Uyo, where he is currently receiving medical attention.
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms