Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State government has shut down Cubana nightclub for flouting COVID-19 guidelines.
Recall that the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu had on Friday issued a directive that imposed some COVID-19 restrictions.
The directive ordered the suspension of nightclub activities, schools and carnivals.
But on Saturday night, Cubana nightclub flouted the COVID-19 guidelines by hosting a party at its Ikeja GRA quarters. In response, the Police, led by the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu charged to the nightclub, dismissed the clubbers and sealed-off the building.
The state’s spokesperson, Gboyega Akosile confirmed the development with a tweet on Sunday morning
“Lagos State Commissioner of @PoliceNG CP Odumosu personally led a team that dispersed club attendees before shutting down Cubana, Ikeja GRA for failing to comply with COVID-19 guidelines,” he said.
Lagos State currently has the highest COVID-19 figures in Nigeria with 22,562 out of 77933 recorded cases in Nigeria.
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms