Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Caretaker Committee Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State, Hon. Paul Omotoso, has said party members in the state would drag Governor Kayode Fayemi to contest the 2023 Presidency, if he refused to willingly join the race.
Omotoso stated this yesterday in Ayede Ekiti, Oye Local Government Area during a Christmas programme organised by a chieftain of the party, Dr. Olusegun Osinkolu for 1,000 APC members in Ekiti North Senatorial District.
Omotoso who was represented by the Publicity Secretary of the Caretaker committee, Hon Ade Ajayi, said: “We can say boldly that APC will win the Ekiti governorship election in 2022, because Governor Fayemi has done creditably well and we don’t want another reckless party that will destroy Ekiti again.
“On the 2023 presidency, time has come for president to come from Ekiti. That is why we are pleading with you to support Governor Fayemi.
“Though Governor Fayemi has never said he wants to contest, we will force him to plunge into the race, because of his competence, dedication and loyalty to APC,” he added.
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency