Estimated Reading Time: 2
An abducted schoolboy who appeared in Boko Haram released video has narrated the inhumane conditions the students went through in captivity.
In the video, the schoolboy pleaded with the government to avoid attacking the kidnappers or risk being killed.
Speaking with Arise Tv on Friday after their Thursday release, he explained that he made the video under duress from the captives.
“The reason why I shot the video is that it is not easy, but I am convinced to shoot the video by the guns of the armed robbers.”
“Sincerely speaking, the gangs of the armed robbers are (were) very scared of what is happening from the jets. They assigned me to speak directly from the video, to tell our government that they should stop sending armies and jets if not, they are going to kill us.”
While narrating how the kidnappers put them inhumane conditions, the boy said, “We suffered a lot physically, they beat us morning, evening, night. We suffer a lot, they only gave us food once in a day and water twice in a day. They beat us a lot. some of the gangs end up beating us with canes, they are just a small and tiny boys with big guns.
“I do not know who they are but they say they are Boko Haram and they are gangs of Abu Shekau. (But from) what I experience, they are not Boko Haram.”
Gunmen last Friday, invaded Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina and abducted over 500 students. On Tuesday, Boko Haram Factional leader, Abubakar Shekau claimed responsibility for the attack. Through a released audio, Shekau said the school was attacked because it was teaching its students things that could “destroy Islam”.
Katsina State governor, Aminu Masari on Tuesday said the government has made contact with the abductors. On Wednesday, he claimed that the abductors are bandits and not Boko Haram. However, the abduction has sparked a protest hashtagged #Bringbackourboys.
Their abductors however released the schoolboys on Thursday after a series of contacts with Miyetti Allah, an appointed intermediary between the kidnappers and the government.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party