Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, on Friday apologised for saying that only 10 students were kidnapped at the Government Science School, Kankara, Katsina State.
He was quoted early this week as saying at a press conference that only 10 students of the school were kidnapped, contrary to the state government’s pronouncement which said over 300 students were abducted.
However, in a statement he issued on Friday, Malam Shehu said he was apologising for the incorrect information, saying he provided the fighre based on what he had at his disposal then.
According to the statement: “I apologize for the incorrect communication citing that only 10 students were kidnapped at the science school, Kankara.
“This communication of numbers was provided by persons that should ideally know. These numbers were seen to conflict with what was available at that time.
“Please understand that this communication was in no way done to downplay the seriousness of the situation.
“Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter as we continue to move our great nation Nigeria forward. Thank you.”
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis