Estimated Reading Time: 1
Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong, has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a statement signed by the Director of Press Affairs to the governor, Dr. Makut Simon Machan, the result indicated that Governor Lalong’s test returned positive while all members of his family tested negative.
Consequently, the governor who is asymptomatic has gone into isolation while his close aides are being tested.
The statement noted that the governor will henceforth work from home during the period of treatment, adding that all state matters requiring the governor’s physical presence will be handled by the deputy governor.
Last week, the country’s COVID-19 infections witnessed yet another significant increase. Nigeria recorded 3,817 new COVID-19 infections which is the highest the country has recorded in over four months.
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation