Estimated Reading Time: 2
Former presidential candidate, Oby Ezekwesili has asked President Muhammadu Buhari’s to stop being ‘inhuman, coldly indifferent and rescue abducted student of GSS Kankara.
Ezekwesili who served as a former minister of education under the Chief Olusegun Obasanjo led government told the President to leave his cows in Daura and prioritise the lives of the school children who were separated from their loved ones for about four days now.
Expressing her anger over the disturbing incident, Ezekwesili urged Buhari to seek the help of the US military without hesitation and rescue the kidnapped students.
Reacting via a thread on her verified Twitter account, Ezekwesili said: “President Buhari should leave his cows for once in preference for the lives of his fellow human beings. It is inhuman for a supposed leader of a country to be as uncaring as you are to the latest cries of parents of 333 Kankara boys . Why are you so inhuman Buhari?
The outrage I feel about the tragedy of #KankaraBoys cannot be vocalized.That 6 years after Chibok Girls with 112 still unaccounted for? That two years after Dapchi girls with Leah Sharibu still unaccounted for? Now 333 Kankara boys abducted?
“The biggest shame on Buhari, what exactly is the grossly incompetent and coldly indifferent Buhari really doing in Katsina State while disconsolate parents of 333 Kankara boys cry their eyes out?
“Does the President know more than we are being told about the whereabouts of those students? In October, US military forces rescued their one citizen held hostage by terrorists within our territory. Buhari as Commander-in-Chief of Nigerian Army should please accord highest priority to the lives of 333 #KankaraStudents and seek US support immediately.”
Meanwhile, the factional leader of the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents, Abubakar Shekau has claimed responsibility for the abduction of students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.
Shekau, in an audio message first published by HumAngle stated that the action was carried out to ‘promote islam and discourage un-islamic practices
There have been conflicting figures in respect of the actual number of students taken away but the State governor, Aminu Bello Masari had confirmed that his government was negotiating with the abductors of the missing students.
The insurgents who abducted more than 300 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, have contacted the Katsina state government.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government