Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Police Command has confirmed that 7 suspected criminals escaped from it holding facility at the State Police Headquarters, Diamond, Calabar.
This was made known in a press statement made available to NEWSWIRENGR and signed by ASP Irene Ugbo, Cross River Police Public Relations Officer.
The statement reads; The attention of the Commissioner of Police, Cross River State Police Command, CP Abdulkadir Jimoh, fsi, has been drawn to the unverified exasperated item making round on some social media platforms, to the effects that nineteen (19) suspected armed robbers and kidnappers escaped from Police custody.
It’s on the above that the Commissioner of Police wishes to update the general public. On 13th December 2020 at about 5 am seven (7) detainees who were in the custody of one (of) the command’s outfits for various offences escaped from the cell.
However, three (3) of them died in the process of escaping, while one (1) (sic) is rearrested. Meanwhile, effort is being intensified to apprehend other fleeing culprits.
The police said However, three (3) of them died in the process of escaping, while one (1) (sic)is rearrested. Meanwhile effort is being intensified to apprehend other fleeing culprit.
By this announcement, the command urge mischief makers to always confirm facts and figures, before sending such for public consumption, as this can cause panic or unnecessary tension in the State.
In the same vein, the Command will not renege, but have resolved to confront all forms of criminality no matter their schemes before, during and after the yuletide season.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami