Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has threatened to sanction public servants and appointees who fail to wear a face mask in public places.
According to a circular addressed to all political appointees by the Secretary to the State Government, Biodun Oyebanji and dated December 10th,2020, Fayemi noted that government officials were no longer paying attention to the Covid-19 safety measures, especially the use of face masks.
He regretted that despite calls about the second wave of the pandemic, officials of government are not placing priority on their health, describing the act as ” reckless.”
The circular read, “Despite the common knowledge about the presence and resurgence of COVID-19 pandemic, it has been observed that Government officials have largely become complacent about these realities through disregard for necessary preventive measures.
This attitude, to say the least, is not only reckless but also shows nonchalance about one’s wellbeing.
“Consequently, be informed that the Governor of Ekiti State, His Excellency, Dr Kayode Fayemi has warned that any public servant or political appointee who fails to wear nose mask in public places would be sanctioned accordingly,
“While advising continued compliance with other COVID-19 protocols, please ensure the widest circulation of the content of this letter.”
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government