Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has presented cheques of N10milion to each of the families of six policemen killed in the state during the October #EndSARS protest.
The cash compensations were made to representatives of the families of police officers who lost their lives during the protest.
According to a statement made available to journalists on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Lagos State Governor, Gboyega Akosile, the event held on December 3 during the 14th Annual Town Hall Meeting on Security organized by Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF).
Apart from the N10m cash, Governor Sanwo-Olu also announced scholarships for all the children of the deceased officers. The scholarship offer would cover each of the children from their current academic stage to the university level.
The slain Police officers whose families received a cheque of N10million each are late Yaro Edward, Assistant Inspector of Police (ASP), Inspector Ayodeji Erinfolami, Sergeant Bejide Abiodun, Inspector Adegbemiro Aderibigbe, Inspector Samson Ehiboh, and Inspector Igoche Cornelius.
Speaking during the event, Governor Sanwo-Olu commended the killed officers for their dedication to duty which unfortunately resulted in them paying the supreme price in the line of duty.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help