Estimated Reading Time: 1
The lgbo socio cultural youth organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide has described the plan to resume EndSARS protests in some parts of the country as an “ill journey” that could lead to more deaths and destruction, and urged Igbo youths not to be part of it.
In a statement signed by the president general of the group, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, OYC warned the youths to steer clear of Southeast, noting that the Military’s Operation Crocodile Smile is in full gear.
“OYC insists that Southeast witnessed massive destruction of public properties and Government assets and urged Endsars Protesters to avoid any attempts to invade any part of Southeast, as ‘Operation Crocodile Smile’ by Nigerian Military is fully operational in the Southeast, and it will be suicidal for any youth to engage in another Endsars protests during this festival periods in the Southeast.
“Igbo youths should ignore joining the 2nd Endsars protests, and OYC call on Federal Government to disburse the proposed FG 75 billion Endsars Youth empowerment scheme for Nigerian Youths without further delay as recession and hunger are ravaging in the land, and we urge other Southeast Governors to emulate the Youth empowerment programmes of Governors Umahi and ikpeazu as measures and models to checkmate Youth restiveness, “the statement said.
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes