Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday address a joint session of the National Assembly.
This is according to the President’s Personal Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie.
Ms Onochie disclosed this on Monday, via her official Twitter handle.
“FireFLASHFire, FireFLASHFire President @MBuhari will address a joint session of the National Assembly (@nassnigeria) on Thursday 10th December 2020,” the president’s aide stated.
This is coming a few days after the House of Representatives said Buhari would appear before the House.
A spokesperson for the Green Chamber, Ben Kalu had disclosed this while briefing journalists at the National Assembly.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the House of Representatives has summoned President Muhammadu Buhari over the recent killing of 43 farmers in Zabarmari community in Borno State.
The lawmakers took the decision on Tuesday while adopting a motion of urgent national importance by Satomi Ahmed.
The attack on Saturday on mostly rice farmers in Zabarmari, a community in Jere Local Government Area, saw at least 43 farmers killed. More than a dozen more are missing.
The victims were buried on Sunday.
President Muhammadu Buhari condemned the attack in a Saturday night statement and sent a federal government delegation to Borno.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’
- IGP orders arrest of Sunday Igboho
- 2023: Governor Ortom should run for senate – Special Adviser
- Nigerian Ports Authority to launch Electronic Truck call-up app
- There must be justice and fairness in the way FG distributes resources – Attahiru Jega
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension