Estimated Reading Time: 1
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Nora Daduut, has been declared the winner for Plateau South Senatorial bye-election conducted on Saturday.
The INEC Returning Officer and Director of Academic Planning, Federal University, Lafia, Prof Idris Amali, announced the results in Shendam Local Government Area of the state on Sunday.
According to him, Daduut polled a total of 83,151 votes to defeat nine other candidates, including her closest rival and PDP candidate, George Daika, who got 70,838 votes.
The results showed that out of the six Local Government areas where the elections were conducted, the APC candidate won in four Council areas including Shendam, Mikang, Quaapan and Wase while the PDP candidate won in Langtang North and Lantang South LGAs respectively.
The Plateau South Senatorial seat became vacant after a former Deputy Governor of the State, Ignatius Longjan ,who was elected to the position in 2019 under the platform of the APC died in February 2020.
In his reaction, Governor Lalong said the victory of Nora Dadu’ut was not surprising as the APC is well rooted in the whole state particularly the Southern Senatorial District.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report