Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three yet to be identified personnel of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have reportedly drowned on their way to Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa.
It was gathered that the incident occurred on the eve of the Saturday Senatorial Bye-election holding in two senatorial zones of the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the deceased policemen, were said to be on their way to their place of assignment when the boat capsized
The spokesman of the Police Command in Bayelsa, SP Asinim Butswat who confirmed the incident said the boat capsized on its way to Oporoma, Headquarters of Southern Ijaw Local Government Area.
He, however, added that they were yet to ascertain the total number of Police officers involved in the incident.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore