Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abdulrasheed Maina has on Friday been ordered to be kept at Kuje Correctional Centre till his trial is concluded.
Mr. Maina, who is the former Chairman of the defunct Pension Reform Task Team is standing trial for alleged money laundering to the tune of 2 billion naira.
He was arrested in Niger republic after he jumped bail and absconded.
The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang ordered the remand.
NewsWireNGR reports that the former Chairman of the defunct Pension Reform Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina has been returned to Nigeria to face his ongoing money laundering trial
Maina was arrested in Niger republic after he jumped bail.
He was received by men of the Nigeria Police Force at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Thursday.
The aircraft carrying the former Chairman of the defunct Pension Reform Task Team landed at the Airport at 2.15 pm.
Mr. Maina is standing trial for alleged money laundering to the tune of 2 billion naira.
We will bring you more details shortly ….
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan