Estimated Reading Time: 1
ASP. Irene Ugbo, the Cross River State Police command’s Public Relations Officer, has confirmed the killing of ACP Egbe Eko Edum by an axe-wielding assailant, at the early hours of today, Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, in Calabar the Cross River State capital.
Ugbo who spoke on the phone, said the Police in the will commence an investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding his death, but that the officer served in Borno state and was in town to see his family.
“That unfortunate incident is true, I just confirmed it now. He is an assistant commissioner of police who serves in Borno State, he is not serving here.
“I think he was coming home to see his family here in Cross River. He arrived Calabar at about 1: am when the incident happened,” she said.
Further checks on the profile of the officer revealed that ACP Egbe Edum served at the 73 Police Mobile Force (PMF) Squadron in Magumeri, Borno State and was part of the meeting of PMF/CTU/SPU commanders with the IGP on November 30th, 2020 in Abuja.
The body of the officer, who the police confirmed was killed with an axe is said to have been deposited in a mortuary.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore