Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Governor of Abia State, Senator Theodore Orji, has described the criticism of former governors in the Senate as ‘hate speech’ saying they are not ‘there to sleep.’
Senator Orji, who represents Abia Central Senatorial District, said this while inspecting one of his constituency projects at Okwuta Primary School, Isieke Ibeku, on Sunday
According to him, insinuations that former state governors elected into the Senate were unproductive as baseless and untrue.
He said, “You see, all this hate speech – people saying that former governors are there sleeping.
“Are we sleeping and producing those bills? They say former governors go there to relax, they are sleeping, and that they are not doing anything.
“But you see the output of one person and all of us. Combine them and you will know the total output that we have generated in the senate.”
The former governor of Abia State explained that the 12-classroom block, which is part of his 2019/2020 constituency projects, will improve the enrolment of pupils and provide a conducive environment for teaching and learning.
Speaking about the defection of the Ebonyi Governor to the ruling APG, he said, “I am not worried at all. Every person has his own objective. He knows why he has gone.
“Will I go and pull him back? No. we are individuals and he has his reasons for leaving which he has told the people. It is either you take it or you leave it. You cannot take a rope and tie him and say, stay there. He is free to move. This is a mobile world.”
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government