Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate has confirmed the appointment of Professor Mahmood Yakubu as the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The confirmation was given on Tuesday during plenary in Abuja
This comes five days after the Senate Committee on INEC has screened Yakubu following his nomination for appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Yakubu was first appointed by President Buhari in October 2015 and assumed office on November 9, 2015, where he has been overseeing the activities of the commission.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%