Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has approved January 3-17, 2021 for the 20th edition of the National Sports Festival tagged Edo 2020.
The new date was agreed during a virtual meeting on Thursday, convened by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, which reviewed circumstances around the recent rescheduling of the sporting event.
The new date is to allow the PTF, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Edo State Government and the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to complete the necessary steps and processes, as assigned, to ensure a hitch-free Festival and also achieve the deployment of rapid diagnostic test kits for over 11,000 athletes.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is hoping this shift will be the last the event will suffer and called on all those involved to ensure the requirements are achieved so the games can happen next year.
The virtual meeting had in attendance the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, PTF National Coordinator – Dr. Sani Aliyu, PTF’s Deputy National Incident Manager/ Head of Operations – Dr Assad Hassan, Representatives of NCDC, amongst others.
Edo 2020 was originally scheduled for March 21st – April 1st but was postponed two days to its commencement due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students