Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has approved January 3-17, 2021 for the 20th edition of the National Sports Festival tagged Edo 2020.
The new date was agreed during a virtual meeting on Thursday, convened by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, which reviewed circumstances around the recent rescheduling of the sporting event.
The new date is to allow the PTF, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Edo State Government and the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to complete the necessary steps and processes, as assigned, to ensure a hitch-free Festival and also achieve the deployment of rapid diagnostic test kits for over 11,000 athletes.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is hoping this shift will be the last the event will suffer and called on all those involved to ensure the requirements are achieved so the games can happen next year.
The virtual meeting had in attendance the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, PTF National Coordinator – Dr. Sani Aliyu, PTF’s Deputy National Incident Manager/ Head of Operations – Dr Assad Hassan, Representatives of NCDC, amongst others.
Edo 2020 was originally scheduled for March 21st – April 1st but was postponed two days to its commencement due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai