Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, on Thursday formally received Senator Elisha Abbo into the party.
Abbo defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, into APC on Wednesday.
Abbo was received formally by Buni at the Party’s National Sectetariat.
The event was witnessed by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.
NewsWireNGR recalls that a Federal High Court in Maitama Abuja had on September 28 awarded N50 million damages against Senator Elisha Abbo for his violent assault of Osimibibra Warmate inside a sex toy shop in 2019.
Abbo, who represented Adamawa North was presented with the flag of the APC, showing he is now a Bonaire member of the party.
Abbo, a first- term lawmaker, was elected in 2019 to the Senate on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government