Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former Bauchi State Commissioner of Health and Head of Department, Community Medicine, College of Medicine, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Dr. Zuwaira Hassan, has been killed in a fatal crash.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the accident happened on Monday morning at Zaranda village, about 36 kilometers away from Bauchi metropolis.
A younger brother to the deceased, Garkwu Adamu, the Public Relations Officer, Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, Bauchi State Command, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with journalists, said that the news of the death was shocking and devastating.
He said: “Yes, it is true, she died this morning in an accident at Zaranda village on her way to Bauchi from Jos, Plateau State.
“They were three driving in the vehicle when the incident happened. It is a really sad and tragic incident that you will just wake up with someone and the next moment, that same person is gone, it is really sad.
“She was really hard working and dedicated to her work. We will really miss her a lot.” he said.
She was 46 years old.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help