Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has endorsed the promotion of 82, 779 junior rank and file officers.
Those promoted include 16 officers killed during the EndSARS crisis and 70 other rank and file personnel who sustained various degrees of injuries from hoodlums attacks.
This was made known in a statement signed by the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba. It reads, “The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu on Monday, 23rd November 2020 approved the promotion of Eighty-Two Thousand, Seven Hundred and Seventy-Nine (82,779) Junior Police Officers to their next ranks.
“The promotion of the officers comprising 56,779 Sergeants to Inspector, 17,569 Corporal to Sergeants and 8,431 Constables to Corporal is part of the on-going efforts at boosting the morale of personnel and repositioning the Force for greater efficiency.
“Those promoted also include 86 junior officers negatively impacted by the ENDSARS riots – 16 got special posthumous promotion while 70 others injured during the violence arising from the ENDSARS protests were equally specially promoted.
“The IGP, while congratulating the officers, charged them to see their promotion as a mark of additional responsibility and a call to rededicate themselves to their professional calling. “He enjoined them to continue to carry out their duties diligently and in conformity with best practices and respect for the rights of the citizen.
“He noted that the promotion albeit, posthumously, of the officers who were killed by some ENDSARS protesters is a symbolic gesture in recognition of the ultimate price they paid in the service of the nation.
“The IGP promised to work with all relevant agencies, organs of Government and other stakeholders in driving a successful reform of the Police for improved welfare and conditions of service towards better service delivery to the people.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs