Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Judicial Inquiry probing the alleged killing of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20 on Saturday resumed the viewing of a CCTV footage submitted by the Lekki Concession Company, operators of the tollgate.
Recall that the management of the Lekki Concession Company Limited (LCC) says the closed-circuit television system (CCTV) from the Lekki toll gate is intact.
LCC had in a statement that the picture of its staff removing equipment circulating online is part of its equipment recovery exercise to ensure the safekeeping of its equipment.
“LCC has cooperated with the protesters from the onset, identifying with the cause and need to end the police brutality. We provided lights, toilets among other items to the youth as a show of solidarity,” the statement read.
At the judicial panel of inquiry today during review, the footage showed that the scene was calm until about 6.43pm when people could be seen running towards the tollgate from the Oriental Hotel end.
Two minutes later, at 6.45pm, military trucks with flashing headlights arrived the scene. There were no fewer than seven of them.
At 6.53pm, about 10 minutes after the arrival of the military vehicles, the tollgate went into a blackout.
Two minutes later, at 6.55pm, one of the military vehicles drove through the tollgate to the other end where the crowd of protesters was gathered.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars