Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Judicial Inquiry probing the alleged killing of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20 on Saturday resumed the viewing of a CCTV footage submitted by the Lekki Concession Company, operators of the tollgate.
Recall that the management of the Lekki Concession Company Limited (LCC) says the closed-circuit television system (CCTV) from the Lekki toll gate is intact.
LCC had in a statement that the picture of its staff removing equipment circulating online is part of its equipment recovery exercise to ensure the safekeeping of its equipment.
“LCC has cooperated with the protesters from the onset, identifying with the cause and need to end the police brutality. We provided lights, toilets among other items to the youth as a show of solidarity,” the statement read.
At the judicial panel of inquiry today during review, the footage showed that the scene was calm until about 6.43pm when people could be seen running towards the tollgate from the Oriental Hotel end.
Two minutes later, at 6.45pm, military trucks with flashing headlights arrived the scene. There were no fewer than seven of them.
At 6.53pm, about 10 minutes after the arrival of the military vehicles, the tollgate went into a blackout.
Two minutes later, at 6.55pm, one of the military vehicles drove through the tollgate to the other end where the crowd of protesters was gathered.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”