Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe believes the President Muhammadu Buhari government has failed the country, insisting that there is no way to paper over their failures.
“The party (PDP) has its position and the position is very simple: this government has failed,” the Senator who represents Abia South said on Friday’s edition of Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.
“You don’t have any other way of trying to cover it. You can say all the rhetorics, you make all the propaganda. You can go ahead and try to pull the wool over the eyes of the people but the #EndSARSprotests showed a failure of this government. It is not that is just failing now. It has been failing all along and we have been continually pointed it out.”
The Senate Minority Leader accused the government of failing to listen to advice and always seeing every counsel as an opposition that should be crushed.
“On the floor of the Senate, I have always spoken, ‘You are not getting it right,’” he explained.
“The only problem we have with this government is that advice to them is an opposition they need to crush. They just think that in the 21st century that with all the information we have; with all the contacts that we have with the rest of the world, that people will just continue being subdued as they used to do in Stalin’s country (formerly the Soviet Union) or in North Korea and all that.”
While reiterating that the Buhari administration has failed in delivering development to the nation, he stated that “all we are waiting for is to throw out this government in the next election.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters
- Zamfara Government imposes curfew on Jangebe community
- COVID-19: Federal Government extends work-from-home directive
- Veteran actor and broadcaster, Sadiq Daba has died